Friday 14 September 2012

Re: DC T3 Honu Updates

Hello, everybody!

I am writing to apologize for my email the other day about the jerseys... I thought I was sharing that with Judah only --  which was not nice either.  

I haven't contributed nor paid my dues to DC3 Honu yet and I have no rights to give my opinion especially learning that you guys have been working so hard to get things done.  

So, I  hope you all accept my apologies and take my back to the team as a participant and contributor.

Best regards,

Angelica
 

 

Judah dal Cais ---09/13/2012 10:27:27 AM---A lot of behind the scenes work by the key stakeholders in the DC T3 Honu  club.  The following peop


    From:

Judah dal Cais <dalcais@mac.com>

    To:

dct3@googlegroups.com

    Date:

09/13/2012 10:27 AM

    Subject:

DC T3 Honu Updates

    Sent by:

dct3@googlegroups.com


      






A lot of behind the scenes work by the key stakeholders in the DC T3 Honu club.  The following people stepped forward to make this club a reality.  I would like to announce the officers and board for DC T3:

OFFICERS

President - Judah dal Cais
VP - Jesse Kieffer
Secretary - Dave Kulik
Treasurer - Robert Fatzinger

BOARD

Matt Seiler
Leah Haskvitz
Jenn Peregoy
Ian Mosher
Jon Paul deLange
Caroline Mah

The board is meeting on the 23rd to discuss the following:
  • 2013 Race Schedule (Sprints, Oly, half IM, IM, swims, bike/run (road & off road), & adventure race)
  • Bylaws
  • Training Schedule
  • Community Outreach
  • Logo & Team Kits
  • Sponsorship
  • 501c3 Status
  • Membership & Yearly dues

In the meantime, for those who have not heard, JP and I decided to move in a different direction with the logo.  We are paying homage to the birth of the Ironman, and the Hawaiian culture.  The image of the Honu or Hawaiian sea turtle will be our official mascot.  The Honu is a symbol of longevity, peace, good luck, humility, long life and the spirit within.  Qualities the T3 board will build, instill and cultivate.

Aside from the 10 committed board members, I hope many of you will decide to join and be part of a new unique multisport club in greater DC.  I have high expectation for this club and for our members.  If you are looking for a lifetime of health and fitness, believe in giving back to your community and the pay forward ethos, we hope to see you at the October/November official kick off meeting of T3 Honu!

Cheers!

Judah

p.s. to get an idea what our logo and team colors will be...attached is a first cut of the T3 Honu team kit![attachment "Honu-Jersey.pdf" deleted by Angelica Silvero/Person/World Bank]

0 comments:

Post a Comment