Friday 27 April 2012

[SCOW] Spot this passionate boat owner on craigslist

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/boa/2970822094.html

1979 Union Sailboat (Annapolis)

Date: 2012-04-21, 11:08AM EDT
Reply to: pcwtp-2970822094@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying
to ads?]

I have owned this boat for 25 years, many spent living aboard.
However, its been on the hard for the past several years while I
tinkered with it occasionally. I'll be honest, it needs work. I've
removed parts (I still have them) and the deck needs work. Lately,
I've been thinking seriously about possibly giving the boat to someone
who can and will put here back in service and take her crusing. Let me
be absolutely clear, I'm not 100% ready to let her go, but I'm getting
old and my wife doesn't ever see herself crusing on a sailboat -- a
trawler maybe but that's another matter. My reason for posting this
add now is to measure the interest, if any, before I make a final
decision. I'm not fishing or doing a bait and switch here, if I find
the right party and decide to let the boat go it will be for free.

I grew up building, owning, and sailing boats. I know the commitment
of time, enrgy, and money that is necessary to return her to cruising
condition, but the asking price is right. If you think you are the
person for the job - on tire kickers please - and have the means to
move the boat from her present location and get going on the repairs,
email me please and provide a contact number.

The Union 36 is also known as the EO 36. Google these for information
about these boats. This is a classic bluewater design, not some ugly
boat....

It may take a few weeks for me to sort out my emotions and make a
final decision, depending on the quality of the response I received to
this advertisement.
Location: Annapolis

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the General
mailing list for the Sailing Club of Washington, DC (also known as the
Google Groups "SCOW All" group).
To post to this group, send email to <scow-all@googlegroups.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
<scow-all+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/scow-all

0 comments:

Post a Comment