Friday 22 June 2012

[news] Is the 'God sign' in North Stafford at risk?

source:

Is the 'God sign' in North Stafford at risk?
Recently I was at the Garrisonville post office on State Route 610 (near Eustace Road).
While I was waiting in line, a gentleman in front of me was speaking to the clerk. He said he was an investigator for a law firm and wanted to know who owned the parcel of land next to the post office that housed a religious sign.
He said there had been a complaint about the message because of the possible association with the post office, a government office. The sign reads "In God We Trust."
After he left, everyone in the office was floored! We all talked about how long the sign had been there and the various messages over the years. Here's one example: "Thanks for inviting me to the wedding. Now invite me to the marriage. Love, God."
We talked about how much we loved the sign and couldn't believe this was happening. The parcel of land is privately owned, apparently; hopefully that will end the investigation. But something tells me this is the beginning of something.
I love Stafford because we still have things like that sign. We have our Stafford County word of the month that encourages Christ-like character.
I hope people find this newsworthy. I know it got a lot of people's attention in that little post office.
Nancy Buechler
Stafford

0 comments:

Post a Comment