Tuesday 21 July 2020

[Unicum] Hungarian Nursing School materials--historic

Dear Unicum,
A friend of mine is moving and has records from a Hungarian Nursing School:

As I plan to move next week, I'm clearing out my history files and have discovered a box of materials I received during my visit.  They are in Hungarian so I can't read them at this time, but they look like course outlines, student records, and educational materials for new parents.  (The Hungarian health ministry arranged this visit for me as I was accompanying my late husband, a Marxist scholar who was visiting the Hungarian philosophical institute at that time.) This nursing school specialized in educating young women to visit new mothers at home, sort of what we would call public health nursing.  It interested me because I was a public health nurse at that time, and worked with new mothers here in the U.S.

If anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible as my friend is moving on the 27th of July.  Her visit was prior to 1989.
Gretchen Dunn




0 comments:

Post a Comment