Thursday 30 July 2020

GALVANIZE: New Event, Performance, & Office Space Proposal- DC

Hello Artists:

I hope that this message finds you safe and well. I try my best to push as many opportunities out to our local creative community as possible. This particular opportunity is very dear to me and I hope that I am able to see it to fruition.

This very odd year that we are living through is the 15th anniversary of my DJ & event production company, Scorpio Entertainment. One of my 2020 goals was and still is the creation of the Scorpio Foundation, a non-profit with a simple mission to change the world, one event at a time. A second goal, after years of performing in over 350 venues from coast-to-coast and constantly seeking affordable event space, is to create my own multi-use events center here in the city that I love, Washington, DC.

It just so happens that DC has just released a $250k to $3 million grant program that is available to interested businesses who seek to create a new commercial project which would bring job creation, revitalization, and a creative spark to certain Wards of our city that are experiencing high rates of unemployment due to Covid-19.

I am currently preparing an application that would create a 10,000-15,000 sq ft cultural arts event space, office space for creative professionals, and an on-site cafe.

With the help of three realtors, I am researching potential spaces within Ward 8, 7, and 5 in addition to an architecture design firm that is also helping secure a potential location. I am in discussion with an architectural designer to produce a floorplan and mock-up of the space and am seeking legal counsel representation for the proposal, should funding be awarded. 

Should my proposal be accepted, construction will begin within the next 18 months. 

At this time, I am looking to hear from other creatives (small theatres, arts organizations, artists, etc.) who are seeking and would benefit from obtaining residency in a performance space or who need office space, that will be provided at affordable rate with flexible lease terms.

Specifically, I am looking for arts organizations managed by BIPOC persons, LGBTQ persons, and/or who's mission includes offering job opportunities to members of those particular groups. Strong preference will be given to those who are also interested in creating training and apprentice opportunities with their companies for local residents of the Ward in which the center will reside.

I only have a two-week window to fully conceptualize my plan. If you are interested in discussing this potential opportunity, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you!

Edward
202-536-4495
edward@edwarddaniels.com

------

EDWARD DANIELS | AEA | EdwardDaniels.com | IMDB: Profile@EdwardDaniels 

Scorpio Entertainment | CEO | ScorpioDJs.com | @ScorpioDJs

Monologue Madness | Producer | MonologueMadness.net | @MonologueMad

Desk: 202-536-4495, Tues-Fri, 10am-4pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment