Monday 15 December 2014

[Unicum] "Vanished by the Danube" - now available in paperback

Kedves Unicum Tagok,

If anybody is still looking for a holiday gift for a loved one, I wanted to recommend my father's memoirs (yes, slightly biased...), "Vanished by the Danube: Peace, War, Revolution, and Flight to the West."  They were published last year and came out in paperback this year.  As the title suggests, the book follows my father's life in Budapest and Veresegyhaz from 1925 to 1956.  Endorsed by President Bill Clinton, Kati Marton, and Professor Istvan Deak among others, the book has received the following favorable reviews:

Foreign Affairs

Los Angeles Review of Books

San Francisco Book Review

The book is available on Amazon.com (among other booksellers) at:

And if you enjoy the book and would like to discuss any part of it in greater depth, I would be very glad to put you in touch with my father.

Kellemes unnepeket!

Maria (Farkas) Szokolai  





0 comments:

Post a Comment