Wednesday 1 May 2013

[Unicum] FW: Request from Daniel Szabo

A worthy project!!!

 

Kalman Magyar
Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA

From: Daniel Szabo [mailto:szabomusic75@gmail.com]
Sent: 2013. május 1. 13:34
To: magyar@magyar.org
Subject: request from Daniel Szabo

 

Dear Friends, Music Lovers&Jazz Fans,

 

some of you I've already met during the run, some of you I haven't. 

I'm a pianist-composer (jazz, classical) from Budapest, currently living in Los Angeles with my 2 little kids and wife - we have moved here in August. 

I'm a doctoral candidate at the University of Southern California, and, besides my studies, I'm working in the city as a pianist, composer and teacher.

I'd like to ask you to pay attention to this very exciting and culturally important, Hungary-related  project - see the link below!

This new recording of mine will be a very nice manifestation of international brotherhood: Peter Erskine, drum-legend, member of the frenetic Weather Report is collaborating with me, along with the fantastic bassplayer, Edwin Livingston, producing and recording my own music, based on compositions that are influenced by Eastern-European folk music and by classical music, with a special emphasis on Bela Bartok. 

I feel really attached to this repertory, this is a very nice opportunity to spread the word about Hungarian cultural values not only on the West Coast but worldwide!

Since everything happened all of a sudden, I have to work hard on the financial realization of the recording and I'm using Kickstarter for that! I still need help and I'm writing you this email to ask you to join my campaign! This recording would be my DEBUT album in the US, helping our establishment over here!

 

If you go on the site below, you will see:

-that I have only 7 days left to reach the goal by the deadline - if I didn't make it, I would loose everything that I've got until now!

- a bunch of important information on the project

-a video with Peter Erskine's commentary (click on my photo!)

-a wide scale of pledges/rewards, from which you can select your choice.

 

There is no any risk at all, you will be charged only if I reach the goal by the deadline, until that point your pledges are virtual only! You just have to click on the selected category and the system will take you through!

 

 

Through the site above, you can get to my pages to listen to some of my previous projects, but here you are a solo piano sample too, as a short preview of one of the songs to be recorded by the trio:

 

 

Please, make your contributions to this unique project promoting live music, jazz, the values of international collaborations, Hungarian culture, and in a larger sense: human values!

 

Don't hesitate to write me if you have any questions!

Thank you all!

Best wishes

 

Daniel Szabo

pianist-composer

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment