Thursday 30 April 2020

GALVANIZE: Grants, Aid, & Jobs

Hello Artists!

I just posted this on my personal page, but want to share far and wide. 

---

Friends:

I know that we're all going through rough and uncertain times at the moment, some more than others. I've put together a short list of just some of the financial resources that are still available to small business owners and individuals, along with the maximum amount of aid that you are able to acquire. At this point, I've applied to sixteen different sources. It's been quite a process but the effort is beginning to slowly pay off. Keyword: slowly.

In my opinion, most of these applications are very simple compared to traditional grant and loan applications. They are all asking to hear your story and how this pandemic has affected you. Be honest. Be thorough. Be brief. If you have questions or need help with any of them, please let me know.

I also want to share (again) my first read of the new year, Unfu*k Yourself. I'm sure I'll do a video review of this book at some point soon but, for now, I'll have you know that it is a very blunt, simple, motivational kick in the butt to help guide you through the darkness using what you already know. I am a HUGE fan.

Lastly, for those who are out of work and may be looking for employment, DC Human Resources just announced new job openings for the DC Contact Trace Force, offering temporary 13-month positions that pay between $51k-$119k!

Link: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/recovery-individuals

If you are detail-oriented, research-savvy, and well-organized, get on this application! Personally, I think these positions would be ideal for you stage managers, exec assistants, production assistants, event planners, producers, and PTA moms & dads who know how to make your way through a to-do list. Check out the openings and apply ASAP. The openings are listed for one week.

We are all making our way through this thing together, together, and together!

-Edward

0 comments:

Post a Comment