Wednesday 20 July 2022

GALVANIZE: Event Assistants Needed, Maryland Grants, & DC CAH Grant Panelists Wanted

Hello Artists!

I hope this message finds each of you well. It goes without saying that the past two and a half years have been very difficult for our industry. I've been through hell and back and am sure that many of you can relate.  It also doesn't help that we are living through a very challenging and confusing moment in time in this country. 

I'm sending this email as encouragement and a reminder that much brighter days are near, WE'VE GOT THIS, and to imagine what might happen if everything that you've worked and planned for actually goes according to plan. I've had a number of blessings come to fruition for me over the past couple of weeks and I want to share those opportunities, first and foremost, with my tribe of creatives.

Please see below!


1) Live events are on the rise and I am expanding the EVENT SQUAD division of my company Scorpio Entertainment, to help with a variety of upcoming fall events that I need help with. 

I am in need of help ranging from event support staff & setup, street teams, emcees, and national anthem singers. I am currently adding an additional 10 people to my short-list. I'm looking specifically for help in the DC, VA, MD areas.

I am also in need of short-term ADMINISTRATIVE staffing. Ideally looking for those who are a wiz with Word, Excel, and data entry.

Base pay is $18-$30 per hour. As always, I am passing this through my lists of actors/artists & neighbors first, before broadcasting elsewhere.

If you are available and interested in PART-TIME work, please reply ASAP, with the following...

-your name
-cell
-location
-do you have a valid driver's license?
-do you own a vehicle?



2) If you live in the state of Maryland, are a BGE customer, and run a small business (or know someone who does), please check out this $20,000 grant opportunity: 

Details here.



3) If you live in DC, the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities is currently seeking grant panelists for the FY 23 cycle. This year they are PAYING panelists. This is the first time that CAH has created a stipend to pay panelists.

Details here.


4) I am excited to announce that I just received one of the DC Encore Grants and will be producing a large-scale festival and concert celebrating all things art in DC.  I will be sending another email regarding the call for artists, as this event will take place before September 30, 2022.  With this grant from the District, I will be able to hire a number of actors, musicians, dancers, bands, singers, photographers, visual artists, tech crew, and other creatives for this one-day festival and concert that I will be producing.

More details to come!


So, that's the email. I hope you're surviving this July heatwave!

-Edward

------

EDWARD DANIELS | AEA | EdwardDaniels.com | IMDB: Profile@EdwardDaniels 

Scorpio Entertainment | CEO | ScorpioDJs.com | @ScorpioDJs

Monologue Madness | Producer | MonologueMadness.net | @MonologueMad

Desk: 202-536-4495, Tues-Fri, 10am-4pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment