Wednesday 17 October 2012

[SCOW] Last minute kayak opportunity - now!

It's too nice out! Anyone available "right now" to join me for a 1-2 hr kayak? 

I have a stable, sit-on-top tandem and could use a 2nd person to join me -- some basic paddling experience please, nothing fancy.

I'm in the East Falls Church area (3 block walk from that Metro stop) of Arlington.

I'm inclined to go to my favorite spot -- Mason Neck State Park east of Lorton -- which has a boat ramp, and is a Bald Eagle preserve (no guarantee of sightings, but I have seen them & nests). I just checked TrafficLand.com cameras -- no problems on the roads (66/495/95) getting there.

My plan would be to leave in the next 1/2 hr (by 1:15pm), be on the water from about 2 to 3 or 3:30pm and be back by 4:30pm. You could come to me, or meet at Mason Neck, or if you are reasonably en route between me and Mason Neck, I conceivably could pick you up and drop you back.

It's a "long-shot", but if this "speaks to you", give me a call asap.

Regards,
Steve

cell: 202-997-4910

0 comments:

Post a Comment