Wednesday 27 March 2024

RE: [Unicum] NoVa Hungarian Meetup Group!

Szia also.

 

And thanks so much for also including English. Although I was born in Budapest, over the many years, I lost the ability to read and write it effectively. There are a lot of people in my situation but so many of the messages are in Magyar only, which I do not get.

 

While I had a robust Magyar social life many years ago in my youth when I lived in DC area via my parents, over the years I lost touch (they retired to FL and now have passed) and then moved to Baltimore for work advantages where there is little opportunity and Magyar population (although Poland is well represented and have done that). Occasionally I go into DC area but not often since traffic around the region is challenging.

 

I occasionally monitor Kossuth House events and folk gatherings - and before COVID, attended the in-person language courses there for the social interaction. I can converse informally but not as a native. There is a festival April 20 in McLean, VA and not sure if I can make that.

 

So, for the future, please tell me more about your meet-up group?

 

Sincerely,

Andras

 

From: unicum@googlegroups.com [mailto:unicum@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Johanna Galindo
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2024 12:54 PM
To: Unicum <unicum@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Unicum] NoVa Hungarian Meetup Group!

 

Sziasztok!

My name is Johanna, or Yana for short, I lived in Hungary for a year, and I really loved the experience. So I recently started a free Meetup group in the Washington DC area for Hungarians, Hungarian Americans, people who are related to Hungarians, students of Hungarian, and anyone (like me) who just loves Hungary. I look forward to attending local Hungarian events with the group, meeting in-person for coffee to chat in Hungarian and hosting online groups for conversation. All levels of Hungarian language welcome! I am so excited to have a place to my love of Hungarian culture with others.

Sincerely,
Yana

 

Sziasztok!

 

Johanna vagyok (Yana a becenevem). Egy évet éltem Magyarországon, és nagyon tetszett az élmény. Nemrég indítottam egy ingyenes Meetup csoportot Washington DC környékén magyaroknak, amerikai magyaroknak, emberek magyar rokonokkal, magyar nyelvű tanulók, és bárkinek (mint én), aki csak szereti Magyarországot. Szervezek személyesen és online magyar nyelvű beszélgető csoportokat (A magyar nyelv minden szintjét szeretettel várjuk!) Elmegyek a környék csodálatos magyar rendezvényeire is. Nagyon örülök, hogy módom van megosztani másokkal is a magyar kultúra iránti szeretetemet.


Tisztelettel,
Yana

 

--
Feliratkozas emailen unicum+subscribe@googlegroups.com
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/unicumdc/
---
Azért kapta ezt az üzenetet, mert feliratkozott a Google Csoportok „Unicum" csoportjára.
Az erről a csoportról és az ahhoz kapcsolódó e-mailekről való leiratkozáshoz küldjön egy e-amailt a(z) unicum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com címre.
Ha szeretné megtekinteni ezt a beszélgetést az interneten, látogasson el ide: https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/unicum/c5991e82-f04a-4568-9285-5744f6488cc5n%40googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment