Monday 24 February 2014

[Unicum] Sharing My Recipes with You

Dear All:

As some of you already know it, I'm collecting old handwritten and printed out contemporary recipes in a box at home which is now overflowing.
I opened an account on a website, called www.Pepperplate.com to eliminate clutter at home by saving the recipes here, which can be easily exchanged between each other and be opened on my mobile phone when I'm doing grocery shopping for ingredients.

So far I have entered 126 recipes but I'm still working on it.  I have both English and Hungarian recipes from vegan to lamb, from chicken to seafood in all categories from soup to dessert, from Hungarian to Middle Eastern food.  You can search recipes by alphabetical order or category but if you are using a smart phone and download the Pepperplate application, you can search a few more ways, such as recipes with artichokes in it, etc.

If anybody is interested in using any of my recipes, you are welcome to do so. All I ask in exchange that you contribute to my collection in the hopes that we can build a big international cookbook :)

So, enough said, go on www.pepperplate.com, sign in using my account: szilviatakacs@hotmail.com, password: hungary

You can check the existing recipes under Recipe List
You can import recipes from other websites under Import Recipes
or type up your handwritten recipes under Manual Recipes.

When you type up the recipes, please keep in mind the following:
Title: The Name of the food
I normally insert a photo but you don't have to
Ingredients: is where you type up what you need (but break it down for dough and fillings, etc)
Instructions: the step by step process
Under Notes & Other you will find a few windows:
Yield: How many people it serves
Active time and Total time (if you know it) refers to the preparation and total cooking time
Source: If you want to share where the recipe is from (your grandma, neighbor, Mrs. or Mrs. xyz or cooking.com magazine, whatever)
Categories: soup, dessert, vegan, chicken, beef, Indian, Greek, etc..You can use multiple categories for 1 dish


Any questions, problems, please feel free to contact me.
Let's get busy cooking!

Bon Appetite
Szilvia Mongelos

0 comments:

Post a Comment